When it comes to overcoming addiction, it’s crucial to find the right kind of care. Many experts believe gender-specific treatment is best. It makes people feel more comfortable and addresses the biological and emotional differences between men and women that come into play in dependency issues.
As a woman, you will want to find a Santa Barbara women’s rehab center that offers a soothing environment. The treatment offered should consider the female body and the characteristics that play a part in addiction. This article will provide guidelines for finding a women’s rehab center near Los Angeles.
What are the Benefits of Gender-Specific Treatment?
Gender-specific treatment offers several benefits, including the following:
Makes People Comfortable: Some people are simply more comfortable sharing their feelings with those that are the same gender as they are. A gender-specific treatment offers a soothing environment for individuals to heal.
Addresses The Emotional Needs of the Gender: Different characteristics of men and women can feed into their addiction. For example, men may have difficulty showing their weaknesses which can lead to dependency issues. For women, it could be the stress of balancing being a wife, mother, and businesswoman. Gender-specific treatment addresses individual emotional needs to facilitate healing.
Addresses the Biological Needs of the Gender: Men and women have several biological differences which should be considered in the recovery process and effects the administration of medications, which medications are used, and the steps to be taken in therapy and aftercare.
What Makes a Women’s Treatment Center Different?
Here are some concerns that may be addressed at rehab centers for women that are not as carefully considered in a non-gender-specific clinic.
- Women may turn to addiction to handle mental health issues caused by a hormonal imbalance.
- Women are more likely to develop a dependency issue due to social pressure from a partner.
- Women are more susceptible to social stigmas and will feel greater feelings of guilt and shame related to their addiction. This may be due to how they feel that getting treatment will affect their role in their family.
- Many women start using drugs to reduce PTSD symptoms tied to a sexual assault.
- As compared to men, women are more susceptible to depression, which can lead to addiction.
- Women are more likely than men to suffer from low self-esteem, which can lead them to use drugs.
- Family therapy has been shown to be especially effective in women’s treatment.
- Women may need special medications if they are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Recovery centers for women will consider the gender-specific factors that play into addiction. They will use this knowledge to work out a customized treatment that is best suited to the individual’s needs. They will come upon the best therapy for addressing issues connected to dependency issues.
How to Find a Women’s Rehab Center in Los Angeles, CA
There are many rehab centers in Los Angeles. But it can be difficult to find one that offers gender-specific care for women as well as the atmosphere, type of treatment, and quality of care you are looking for. You can spend hours researching, or you can save yourself time by contacting Casa Serena first.
Casa Serena is one of the most trusted names in Los Angeles rehab centers for women. Our women’s addiction treatment facility offers a soothing atmosphere, just a few blocks from the ocean. We offer a wide range of treatments, ensuring you get the customized care you require.
Patients can choose from inpatient and outpatient care. We follow up with educational and career resources as well as a sober and supportive living. We have the tools you require to get sober and stay sober.Overcoming addiction is not easy. Our women’s rehab center in Los Angeles will get you the gender-specific care you require. Contact us to take the first step on your journey to wellness.