During treatment at Casa Serena we help women realize their financial and educational goals through our employment and education preparation programs.
Education Preparation Program:
- We partner with the Schott Continuing Education Center to help our clients without a high school diploma get their GED (General Equivalency Diploma)
- For clients that have their high school diplomas and returning to the workforce, we utilize the Adult Continuing Education at Santa Barbara City College to facilitate refreshers on office skills, excel, word.
- In addition to our onsite Job Readiness Program, we refer clients to the local EDD (Employment Development Department) for resume writing and mock interviews
- We collaborate with the Career Center at Santa Barbara City College enabling our clients to be assessed for best vocational direction using the Myers Briggs Personality Types and Strong Inventories tests.
- Clients that have been incarcerated are enrolled in Transitions, a curriculum within the Extended Opportunities Programs and Services department (EOPS) of Santa Barbara City College, dedicated to helping former inmates transition to college
- Clients who are over the age of 25 and returning to college after an absence from school are directed to the Career and Life Transitions program at Santa Barbara City College
Job Readiness Program:
Our Job Readiness Program includes group sessions taught by a highly experienced community job trainer and motivational speaker, who gives our clients vital tools for success in their search for employment by guiding them through mock interviews and other aspects of the job-seeking process. John Daly Website
- Vocational Support
- Job-Readiness Training
- Social Skills
- Interviewing Techniques
- Resume Writing
- Skill Building
- Interview Techniques and Training
- Professional Etiquette
As part of our collaboration promise with community partners, we also invite women from other nonprofit organizations to participate in this highly popular program