Our job readines and career change program includes group sessions taught by a highly experienced community job trainer and motivational speaker. Our clients learn vital tools for success in their search for employment as they are guided through mock interviews and other aspects of the job-seeking process.
As part of our collaboration promise with community partners, we also invite women from other nonprofit organizations to participate in this highly popular program.
- We partner with the schott continuing education center to help our clients without a high school diploma get their GED (general equivalency diploma).
- For clients who have their high school diploma and are returning to the workfore, we utilize tha adult continuing education at santa barbara city college to faciliatate refreshers in any skill set thet choose.
- We collaborate with the career center at santa barbara city college enabling our clients to be assessed for best vocational direction using the myers briggs personality types and strong inventories tests.
- Clients that have been incarcerated are enrolled in transitions, a curriculum within the extended opportunities programs and services department (EOPS) of santa barbara city college, dedicated to helping former inmates transition to college.
- Clients over the age of 25 and returning to college after an absence are given the opportunity to participate in the career and life transitions program at santa barbara city college.